Today I’m sharing something a little different than usual. Instead of eating your food ~ let’s play with our food! Who says avocados are only for eating? Not I….Did you know they are as wonderful for your skin as they are on your plate? Avocados From Peru sent me a package & this is one of the many ways I enjoyed it.
This homemade Avocado, Lemon & Honey Face Mask is an inexpensive indulgence, a great way to moisturize & clean out those pores & keep your pretty face glowing!
Let’s take a look…
- Avocado: Filled with vitamins & moisturizing. Vitamin E, healthy fats and antioxidants can help keep your skin smooth.
- Lemon: Astringent & clarifying. Contains citric acid which might help to brighten the skin.
- Honey: Moisturizing & can also help brighten the skin. Honey has natural antibacterial & antimicrobial properties as well.
Avocado, Lemon & Honey Face Mask – ( Time: 2min, Yield: A few face masks (invite some friends!) )
- 1/2 ripe Avocado
- 1 tablespoon pure Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- Wash your face with warm water to remove any excess oils & makeup.
- Mash avocado in a bowl with the back of a fork or spoon. Mix in honey & lemon juice.
- Apply to your clean face with a makeup brush or fingers. Let sit about 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Follow with your usual skin care regime.