Happy Monday! Before we dive into one of the simplest most amazing meals ever…can I apologize for my less than stellar photography? I was dashing out to ski. Thank you for letting this one go. You guys are awesome like that!
Looking to replace carb laden pasta? Then Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Marinara needs to be a regular addition to your life. Like now.
All you need to do is microwave or bake a spaghetti squash until the insides are soft & ready to scoop.
Toss with some good olive oil, garlic salt & black pepper.
Make a quick Fresh Tomato Sauce or use your favorite jarred one. Keep things delicious & simple. That’s the master plan here.
Plate your spaghetti squash with the sauce and a whole lot of mozzarella cheese. Bake it. Dig in.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash, cooked
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- Homemade Tomato Sauce (or your favorite jarred sauce)
- Mozzarella Cheese, sliced or shredded
- This can be either baked in the oven or cooked in the microwave. For both methods, poke several holes in squash to release steam as it cooks. Cook for about 15 minutes in the microwave until completely soft. Also you can bake in the oven at 375 F for about 45-55 minutes until cooked through.
- Let squash cool a bit. Cut in half, remove seeds and scoop out spaghetti. Place in a large bowl and discard seeds. Toss with olive oil, garlic salt & pepper.
- Set oven to broil with the rack in the middle. Plate spaghetti squash in oven safe bowls. Top with marinara sauce & mozzarella cheese. Broil about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted & golden brown. Watch carefully so it does not burn.
Spaghetti Squash Recipe Links