Chocolate Cherry Ricotta Grilled Pizzas
July 10, 2011
Before we get into talking about gooey and sweet dessert pizza I need to thank you for being such awesome grill buddies. We have come to the final week of Get Grillin’, Cookin’ Canuck and I had a blast collaborating with you for our first virtual summer BBQ. We have worked our way through 5 weeks of savory and now we get to talk about everyone’s favorite part of the meal…dessert!
Chocolate and cherries are a match made in heaven. Add ricotta cheese, nuts, pizza dough and the fire from your grill. Pure Magic.
We launched our grill event with Rouxbe and we are pleased to share them with you again. If you ever thought about going to cooking school here is your chance. We have a one year ($240 value!) Rouxbe membership for a lucky Get Grillin’ participant. This will give you full access to their wonderful cooking school. More on this below.
Don’t cherries just scream summer? Whenever I go to the market these days I come home with at least a pound of beautiful bright red cherries. We love them out of hand and also in our favorite recipes. Cherry Cranberry Oat Crisp and Chocolate Crepes with Cherry Jam and Ricotta Cheese are two you should try. They are great for any time of day, breakfast, dessert or snacks.
If I told you that the combo of cherries and chocolate put a little swagger in my step would you believe me? Well you should. This is happy food.
Topping these pizza’s with a handful of your favorite nuts give a nice little crunch.
Extra chocolate sauce doesn’t hurt either.
I got into the whole sweet pizza thing a few weeks ago and now I am addicted. Remember my Berry and Goat Cheese Pizza? Have you tried those yet? If not then you must. These a are sweeter than those, but not overly sweet. Make ’em as sweet as you want.
If you want a sweeter dessert serve with a side of chocolate sauce, lightly sweetened whipped cream, ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Can I show you my favorite new chocolate? When it comes to chocolate I prefer the darkest of the dark.
I was in Mother’s Market the other day and stumbled upon this 91% organic dark chocolate by Theo. The flavor is wonderful and it has the slightest hint of sweetness. Isn’t the wrapper beautiful? You can use your favorite chocolate in this recipe. Semi-sweet, milk or even white would be delicious.
I have been enjoying these for mini meals too. You can find me at my local Starbucks after I drop the kids off at camp with a tall Americano and a Chocolate Cherry Ricotta Pizza. Better than tearing open a power bar don’t you think?
They are also great for breakfast. If that’s the case then I whip up a side of eggs too for a protein boost. Also a side of applesauce. Breakfast is a big and grand event for me, as you know.
Have you ever made a grilled pizza? What are your favorite desserts for summer entertaining? Do you love chocolate as much as I do?
Grilled Dessert Recipe Links
- Grilled Apricots Taylor Takes a Taste
- Grilled Peach Pizza Zested
- Grilled Peaches with Ricotta Cheese Savory Sweet Life
- Grilled Chocolate Sandwiches Taste and Tell
- Honey Fruit Salad with Grilled Angel Food Cake Heat Oven to 350
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe Links
- Easy Herb Infused Pizza Dough Oh She Glows
- Easy Homemade White Pizza with Whole Wheat Crust How Sweet Eats
- Gluten Free Pizza Crust Gluten Free Girl
- Gluten Free Pizza Crust – New Recipe Gluten Free Goddess
- Homemade Dough Cookin’ Canuck
- Perfect Pizza Crust The Comfort of Cooking
This giveaway is now over, thanks for all of your entries!
Rouxbe Online Video Cooking School is giving away a one-year membership (value $240 USD) to their online cooking school. The quality of Rouxbe’s content is absolutely unparalleled. What does the membership include? There are 70+ online video cooking lessons, hundreds of instructional video recipes, 1000+ close-up, step-by-step videos and personalized feedback from Rouxbe chefs. Really, it can’t be beat.
This giveaway is open to anyone (that’s right – this one’s going international) and will be open until Sunday, July 17th at 5pm PST.
The winner will be chosen at Random.org and will be notified via email, so please make sure your email address is correct. You will have 48 hours to respond to me, or a new winner will be chosen.
This week’s theme is DESSERT. Remember, your recipes do not have to be made on the grill. Any backyard barbecue-appropriate recipe will do.
How to Enter
1) You can enter up to three (3) recipes in each week of Get Grillin’
If you don’t have a blog, that’s okay. Just leave your recipe in the comments section of our themed post during any day of the themed week. Just do so on either Dara’s or my blog, not both.
2) For a chance to win the Rouxbe membership, enter your recipe(s) using the recipe link widget found below. Add your link to your grilling post to the widget on either MarlaMeridith.com or Cookin’ Canuck. You only need to add it on one site, but it will show up on both.If you don’t have a blog, then enter your recipe in the comments section. Read below for instructions on earning extra entries.
3) Somewhere in your post, please include the following “Get Grillin’ with MarlaMeridith.com and Cookin’ Canuck, sponsored by Ile de France Cheese, Rösle, Emile Henry, Rouxbe and ManPans.” This must be included for a chance to win the prize of the week.
To earn additional entries (you can only do so if you have entered a recipe), leave a separate comment for each of the steps listed below. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, the number generator will not count them as separate entries.
- Follow Rouxbe on Twitter and re-tweet the giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@MarlaMeridith). Here’s a sample tweet you could use: #GetGrillin w/@MarlaMeridith & @cookincanuck. Share Dessert recipes for a chance to win a 1 year membership to @ROUXBE cooking school http://su.pr/2YaIiV
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Twitter
- Follow @CookinCanuck on Twitter
- Copy and paste our Get Grillin’ Badge into your sidebar or blog post.
- Stumble this post and become my buddy on StumbleUpon
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Instagram