Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Roasted Pepper Dip
July 4, 2011
Kebab week is here for Get Grillin.‘ Cookin’ Canuck and I are bringing delicious grilled kebabs to this weeks virtual BBQ. I grilled up these Chicken Skewers with Roasted Pepper Dip. They are simple, quick and satisfying. What are you bringing to our link up party? Any type of kebab will do. Remember, you don’t need to create a new recipe. We just want you to join in on the fun with anything you’ve got. Our sponsor Rösle this week has an amazing set of grilling utensils for one lucky reader.
Today is July 4th. I hope you are all doing something fun. My past few posts have featured all kinds of Americana. I promise to retire those little flags for a bit. They are just so fun to use in photos. Besides, the USA is great place & it is fun to celebrate it.
I knew I needed to serve some kind of carb or starchs with these kebabs but I didn’t know what. You see I just like steamed veggies or a big green salad with my protein. I guess I border on the Paleo Diet when it comes to that stuff.
For most folks some kind of carb is necessary.
As I gazed into my fridge I froze in excitement when the whole wheat hot dog buns stared back at me. A great vehicle to smear with my roasted pepper sauce. These kebabs slide easily into the folds of the bun. Now your meal can be hand held so you can walk around the yard. From stick to bun all is fun.
Those kebabs sure do look hot on the grill, huh! A rainbow of color.
For the gluten free folks, grab yourself a gluten free bun. Quinoa or rice would be a nice side too. Or, you can go caveman like me. The green salad is perfect. I tosses a few cherries in with the greens.
Isn’t that roasted pepper dip so pretty? It tastes amazing too. Smear it on a bun, dip your skewer in it or use it to dress a salad as I did.
I trimmed these white flowers from my front yard. It is so nice to be able to run outdoors to grab all kinds of pretties for my photo shoots. I told you all about my fresh herbs yesterday. The cherries are fun too. Those are from Trader Joe’s though.
The marinade for this chicken is simple. All you need is some olive oil, lemon juice and some spices. A half hour will do, a few hours to marinate even better.
What are your favorite kinds of kebabs? Do you have a special marinade you like to use?
Kebab Recipe Links
- BBQ Chicken Kebabs Pink Parsley
- BLT Kebabs MarlaMeridith.com
- Grilled Garlic and Herb Kebabs Heat Oven to 350˚
- Marinated Beef Kebabs Foodie Bride
- Sausage Kebabs Bellaimento for Babble
This giveaway is now over. Thanks for all of your entries. We will be announcing the winner shortly.
Can I tell you how much I want and need this 3 piece Rösle Grill Set? Covet. The ultimate way to flip and turn your grilled foods and a nifty clean up brush. Lucky for you one reader can score this BBQ set.
This giveaway is open to USA visitors and will be open until Sunday, July 3rd at 5pm PST.
The winner will be chosen at Random.org and will be notified via email, so please make sure your email address is correct. You will have 48 hours to respond to me, or a new winner will be chosen.
This week’s theme is any kind of Kebabs. Remember, your recipes do not have to be made on the grill. Any backyard barbecue-appropriate recipe will do.
How to Enter
1) You can enter up to three (3) recipes in each week of Get Grillin’
If you don’t have a blog, that’s okay. Just leave your recipe in the comments section of our themed post during any day of the themed week. Just do so on either Dara’s or my blog, not both.
2) For a chance to win this Rösle Grill Set, enter your recipe(s) using the recipe link widget found below. Add your link to your grilling post to the widget on either MarlaMeridith.com or Cookin’ Canuck. You only need to add it on one site, but it will show up on both.If you don’t have a blog, then enter your recipe in the comments section. Read below for instructions on earning extra entries.
3) Somewhere in your post, please include the following “Get Grillin’ with MarlaMeridith.com and Cookin’ Canuck, sponsored by Ile de France Cheese, Rösle, Emile Henry, Rouxbe and ManPans.” This must be included for a chance to win the prize of the week.
To earn additional entries (you can only do so if you have entered a recipe), leave a separate comment for each of the steps listed below. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, the number generator will not count them as separate entries.
- Re-tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@MarlaMeridith). Here’s a sample tweet you could use: #GetGrillin w/@MarlaMeridith & @cookincanuck Share your Kebab recipes for a Rosle Grill Set giveaway $105 value http://su.pr/1BZGKK
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Twitter
- Follow @CookinCanuck on Twitter
- Head over to the Rösle website and tell me anything you learned over there.
- Copy and paste our Get Grillin’ Badge into your sidebar or blog post.
- Sign up for my Email or RSS feeds
- Stumble this post