I eat this popcorn as I type this post. Fistfuls.
Just recently popcorn has become a really BIG hit with me. Past few years I kinda gave up on it. No gnarly breakup or anything, I simply had no craving for it. Well that has changed my friends.
Might have something to do with the fact that now I pop it stove top in oil. The paper bag microwave version is great for fat-free flair, but popping in oil adds so much flavor. Oh boy!
This sweet & crunchy treat is perfect for your sweet Valentine…or for any time at all.
I bet if you serve this to your sweetheart they will be smitten with you this Valentine’s Day. This treat is not sugary and will not turn your sweetie into a sugar crashin’ fool.
Pop this corn in sunflower or unrefined coconut oil.
Toss with some toasted coconut flake, chocolate chips sea salt and vanilla stevia drops.
Some happy crunch I tell ya! Make sure you get some popcorn, coconut and chocolate in every bite.
Hope you have a delicious Valentine’s Day ~ stay tuned for a fun giveaway!
- 1/4 cup Unrefined Coconut Oil or Sunflower Oil
- 1/3 cup Popcorn
- 3 droppers full Vanilla Stevia Drops
- Fine Sea Salt
- 1 cup unsweetened Toasted Coconut Flake
- 3/4 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F with the rack in the middle. Lay coconut flake on a sheet pan in a single layer. Bake for about 10 minutes until coconut is lightly browned. Toss with a pair of tongs after 5 minutes. Watch carefully as it can burn quickly. You can also do this in a skillet over medium heat. 5-10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Heat the oil and popcorn in a large, deep metal pot over high heat. Have the pot lid and a large bowl handy. The oil will sizzle and the popcorn will start to pop. Cover with the lid and agitate/slide the pan around vigorously. When about to overflow dump the popcorn into the bowl. Continue to do this until all of the popcorn is popped.
- When popcorn is hot toss quickly with stevia drops and salt to taste. When it cools add the coconut flake and chocolate.
Popcorn Recipe Links