If you have been hanging out here for a little while you would know how obsessed I am with dessert pizzas lately. In our house, they also make great handheld snacks and breakfast. Yes, even with chocolate. A small square of chocolate goes a long way. Especially when it is high-quality dark chocolate. These sweet little pizzas have 6 ingredients.
Do you like my new props? All you need is LOVE.
And coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. I am loving these little demi cups. An impulse buy at Starbucks.
This girl can never have enough dark chocolate.
Also, a little boy who brings me flowers.
Pretty purple wildflowers that he has taken from my photo shoot. Asking kids to *smile* for photos is sort of silly because they either run away or make a goofy unnatural grin. It is natural for us to tell them to say cheese, or in our case bananas and chocolate.
Pull up a chair and join us for sweet dessert pizzas. I think a sweet pizza is really just a crostata without the edges of the crust flipped over. Actually, I have a crostata coming your way soon….but I am not sure if I will name it a dessert pizza again. We’ll see.
Lately, I am realizing and enjoying the fact that MarlaMeridith.com is becoming more of a lifestyle blog. It goes beyond recipes.
You are going to start to see more travel and lifestyle related posts around here. I want to take you to a happy place, even if it is just for a few moments. When I set a table my goal is to create a mood and experience. One that we can share together. When I travel alone or with my family I want you to come with me. Together we will learn new things, see great sights and hopefully one day you will get there yourself…..wherever that is.
I want to make you smile. I also want to make you hungry……
Check out my Strawberry Peach Coconut Popsicles that only have only 5 ingredients. Do you ever make dessert pizzas? If so what are your favorite toppings?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Pizzas
Makes 8 mini pizzas
- I LOVE dark chocolate and have lately been addicted to the 91% bar from Theo. Milk chocolate or white chocolate would be tasty too.
- Make your own pizza dough or Trader Joe’s has a great whole wheat one that we use often. I have some pizza dough recipe links at the bottom of this post.
- Instead of mini pizzas you can also make one larger one and slice it up.
- I sweeten the ricotta cheese with stevia drops you can also use honey, maple syrup or your favorite natural sweetener to taste.
- Chocolate Shavings
- Chopped Nuts
- Coconut Flake
- ground Cinnamon
- powdered Sugar or Stevia
- Sea Salt
- dried Bananas
Preheat oven to 450˚F with the rack in the middle. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment or a Silpat liner. In a medium bowl combine ricotta cheese, peanut butter and stevia. Flatten each portion of dough to 1/2 inch thick. Top each pizza with ricotta mixture, banana slices and chocolate. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until chocolate is melted and the dough is cooked through.
Sweet Dessert Pizza Recipe Links
- Berries and Goat Cheese Mini Pizzas MarlaMeridith.com
- Chocolate Cherry Ricotta Grilled Pizzas MarlaMeridith.com
- Fresh Fruit Focaccia Annie’s Eats
- Fruit Pizza Deliciously Organic
- Fruit Pizza With Cinnamon Sugar Whole Wheat Crust How Sweet Eats