Have you ever tried Pheasant? Lately we have been enjoying it pretty often & I am grateful for that!
This recipe is simple & brings out the delicate flavors of this stunning bird. What could be better than a butter rub with citrus & rosemary?
Pheasants are stunning game birds. The males being especially beautiful, adorned with bright colors and markings.
The bird on the top is a pheasant ~ look at those vibrant colors! The guy on the bottom is a Chukar Partridge.
Try my recipe for Mandarin Roasted Rainbow Carrots with this citrus Pheasant…they go real well together.
These pretty feathers are from the Pheasent hen that Bob the dog caught for me….
This would be a great meal for Easter or bookmark for Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts.
- 1 Pheasant (2.5 - 3 pounds), rinse and pat dry
- 1 Orange, cut in 1/2
- 1 tablespoon softened Butter
- Garlic Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- fresh Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Rub entire pheasant with butter, season with salt and pepper. Drizzle 1/2 of the orange over the top. Cut the other half of the orange into smaller pieces. Stuff the cavity of the bird with a few orange slices and some rosemary. Place the rest of the orange slices around the bird.
- Roast for about one hour, the skin should be crisp & golden brown. Remove from the oven and loosely tent the bird with foil until ready to serve.
Pheasant Recipe Links
- Applewood Smoked Pheasant Tasty Comforts of North Georgia
- Maple Glazed Smoked Pheasant Hunter Angler Gardener Cook
- Pheasant Normandy Hunter Angler Gardener Cook
- Pheasant Ravioli with Chestnut Sauce & Curly Kale Pesto
- Pheasant Souvaroff Lost Past Remembered
- Slow Cooked Pheasant Breast with Griddled Leeks & Pickled Mushrooms The British Larder