I have something fun and very simple for you today! One of life’s greatest pleasures is hot chocolate. In the summer we crave it, but want a chilled out version.
I came up with these Frozen Hot Chocolate Ice Cubes that you can put in any milk you like. They are wonderful in coconut milk, almond milk or regular milk. The choice is yours ~ I made these sugar free and vegan. A guilt free treat! As your chocolate ice cubes melt, you get chocolate milk.
- Pottery Barn Kids $100 Back to School Gift Card
- Popcorn Cravings (last day to enter!)
- Baby Bullet (on my Facebook page)
Be sure to sip your chilled hot chocolate with a pretty straw.
Also have a spoon or a mini whisk handy to blend the milk and chocolate ice.
Have you ever tried a Frozen Hot Chocolate in NYC’s famous Serendipity 3 restaurant? Oh you must! It is a life changing experience.
It is the richest, creamiest, sweetest, most blissful chocolaty drink. I think it is made with rich chocolate ice cream and lots of hot cocoa mix. Do you know what is in it?
OK, back to my slimmed down version of chocolate bliss…
You can try blending a bunch of these cubes with some milk in your blender ~ for a frosty treat.
You can also add these to a thermos with some milk for Project LunchBox. Once lunch time rolls around these should be a bit melted.
All you or your child needs to do is give a quick shake and voila! A healthy chocolate milk is ready to be enjoyed.
What is your favorite summertime drink?
- 1 1/2 cups Milk (unsweetened coconut, almond, soy, cow's milk, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla Stevia Drops to taste, or your favorite natural sweetener
- You will need an ice cube tray for this. Heat up milk in a saucepan or microwave until hot but not boiling. Stir in cocoa powder and stevia to taste. Pour hot chocolate into ice cube tray. Freeze until solid and serve with milk.
Hot Chocolate Recipe Links
- Chai Spiced Hit Chocolate Brooklyn Supper @Babble
- Hot Chocolate Chili Mousse Juls’ Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate Pops easybaked
- Hot Chocolate Spoons La Receta dela Felicidad
- Hot Chocolate with Vanilla Vodka The Wednesday Tipple
- Hot Toffee Chocolate Eclectic Recipes
Chilled Chocolate Recipe Links
- Chocolate Banana Milk Food Plus Words
- Chocolate Hazelnut Milk Tasty Kitchen
- Chocolate Lover’s Skinny Milkshake MarlaMeridith.com
- Chocolate Raspberry Milkshake Fuss Free Cooking
- Whipped Chocolate Biscoff Milkshakes Cait’s Plate
Flavored Ice Cube Recipe Links
- Cinnamon Coffee Cubes Yes I Want Cake
- Frozen Fruit Ice Cubes Brook Mclay @Babble
- Ice Cubes with Pomegranate Seeds Two Loves Studio
- Lemon Mint Ice Cubes Wears Many Hats
- Frozen Raspberry Iced Tea Zoom Yummy