There she is Lady Liberty. Perched on a muffin with a coconut dress. Standing tall to honor peace and freedom. Today we all reflect on a day where our world was vandalized. Today we come together to remember, heal, hug and love.
It has been a decade since the horrific 9-11 terrorist attacks. Earlier this week I asked us to bake Remembrance Cakes. Cakes to share love, thoughts and prayers for lives lost. You guys have given true emotions and support for the folks who need it most. You are all amazing!
What were you doing when you heard about the tragedy 10 years ago? What are you doing today to honor and support? We will eat cake and share lots and lots of hugs…..
You know I can never decide whether to call something a muffin or a cake because a muffin is essentially cake. Lady Liberty looks nice standing tall on pillows of freshly whipped cream…
Let’s forget about muffin/cupcake definitions. We have more important things to discuss today.
I made layered chocolate and vanilla muffins to symbolize the darkness and light that we face in life. Happiness is found in the light and somewhere in between. Darkness is made a bit lighter here with chocolate.
As soon as I thought about the idea to post Remembrance Cakes I went on a search to find some cupcake toppers. I was tossed between sweet angels and these New York City toppers. NYC won, I thought the Statue of Liberty is a bit of an angelic gal. She protects the city and it’s people with her torch.
Even though the 9-11 attacks invaded our whole nation & world, these little symbols of life in NY show a vibrant community. A strong place where people live life. Today they will honor loved ones lost forever.
I wish us all great strength today and always…….
Here are flowers from my birthday sent by my 3 sisters in law. I pass the beauty of them on to you all and the ones who need them most. The survivors who lost loved ones in this tragedy……..
Dig into some cake today and give the ones around you great BIG hugs. Chocolate, vanilla, a combo or anything your heart desires…
A bite, a nibble, a munch. A celebration of life and memories.
Together we can bring some lightness into this wild world we live in. At least just for a moment.
Many of you have linked up blog posts in remembrance. You have come together as a strong community and that is beautiful. You all poured your hearts out and baked to remember…thanks for that. I am sure everyone has unique ways to honor and pay tribute.
My contribution are these little gluten free cakes. Simple to make and even easier to enjoy. I topped ours with some candied orange peel and freshly whipped cream….
Have a peaceful and loving day with your family, friends and loved ones. Let’s all pray for those in deep suffering today and wish them peace and lightness as they move forward.
We will never forget. xo
Remembrance Cake Posts
- 1-2-3-4 Cake!! Living the Gourmet
- American Streusel Bundt Cake Lawfully Wedded Wife
- Apple Spice Quick Bread Mountain Mama Cooks
- Big Apple Cake It’s Yummy to My Tummy
- Big Apple Cupcakes with NY Cheesecake Frosting The Dusty Baker
- Chocolate Chip Cookies Knitstamatic
- Chocolate Tres Leches Cake Sweet Life
- Gluten Free Remembrance Cake Mama Me Gluten Free
- Remembrance Cakes for 9-11 A Fringe Benefit
- Simple Cake with Butterscotch Cream Frosting redhotcookinmama
- Southern Peach Coffee Cake Momables
- New York Apple Crumb Cake Little Bitty Bakes
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake Megan’s Cooking
- Remembrance Cakes Chasing Some Blue Sky
- Remembering 9-11 Cookin’ Canuck
- Vanilla Cupcakes Asan Khana
- Vegan Gluten Free Vanilla Pound Cake The G Spot