It has been a whirlwind week with a trip to the Dole Wellness Institute, activities at school & work. Life is picking up speed as Thanksgiving fast approaches. I have a few more recipes to share before the big day hits.
These green beans are simple to prepare & I keep ’em light and healthy. The flavor of the crisp beans shines through & they are made more special with the addition of feta cheese & sautéed leeks. They pair perfectly with my Stuffing with Sweet Potatoes & Cranberries.
These string beans are cooked just enough to show off their beautiful bright color I wanted to give you an option beyond the standard holiday green bean casserole. They make the perfect Thanksgiving side dish. Paired with lemon they would be awesome any time of the year. They would be wonderful served at garden parties, potlucks and beach parties too.
Simple preparations of fresh veggies brings out their true flavors and textures while maintaining vitamins and minerals. Besides, a heaping serving of these before that pumpkin pie will offset the extra calories, right??!!
On Monday I will be sharing my Thanksgiving Round-Up post from around the web. If you have any great recipes please leave them in your comments below.
- Add pieces of cooked diced bacon when you toss the beans with the leeks and garlic.
- Add some diced toasted walnuts or pecans when you toss the beans with the leeks and garlic.
- Use your favorite cheese. Shaved Parmesan, Pecorino Romano, Gruyere and Blue Cheese would be great too!
Green Bean Recipe Links
- Cheesy Bacon Green Bean Casserole Pot Pie Picky Palate
- Green Beans with Brown butter and Pepitas Deliciously Organic
- Green Beans with Lemon & Shallots Two Peas and Their Pod
- Garlic Parmesan Green Beans A Sweet Pea Chef
- Roasted Green Beans with Onion & Walnut Simply Recipes
- String Beans with Prosciutto, Pine Nuts and Meyer Lemon Food Blogga