Do I need to twist your arm to convince you that you need Maple Banana Toasted Almond Quinoa in your life? I think not.
Quinoa for breakfast? Yes please!
I love it so much I practically dove into the bowl to photograph it.
Please don’t forget butter or ghee in this recipe. They are both very tasty ~ you should all ready know.
Be sure to toast your almonds because there is nothing quite like roasted/toasted nuts. Do you call it roasted or toasted? I tend to use those words interchangeably and I am not sure if that is correct.
If you know otherwise please correct me. OK? I love learning new things.
Besides adding lots of flavor ~ when you roast nuts they get really crunchy.
The contrast of the soft quinoa, creamy banana, butter and pure maple syrup with those crunchy nuts is a total party.
You don’t have to ~ but you would sure like it if you did! I wish I had a photo of that for you….
What are some of your favorite quinoa recipes? Do you like it sweet or savory or both like me?
- 1 cup (200 grams) dry Quinoa, cook according to package directions
- pinch of fine Sea Salt
- Ground Cinnamon to taste
- 20 grams Roasted Almonds
- 1 ripe Banana, 1/2 sliced and 1/2 mashed
- pat of Butter or Ghee
- splash of [pure Maple Syrup (we love full flavor Grade B)
- Take a big batch of almonds. Spread them on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Roast in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes. They should be lightly browned and fragrant. Be careful that they don't burn. You can chop them up after you roast them.
- Cook quinoa until light and fluffy. Melt butter in a small skillet. For each serving combine 3/4 cups cooked quinoa with the rest of the ingredients (excluding maple syrup) in the skillet until hot. Top with some more nuts, banana slices and maple syrup.
- You will have plenty of quinoa for a few breakfasts or anything else you need it for.
Breakfast Quinoa Recipe Links
- Apple Quinoa Instant Breakfast Bake The Healthy Foodie
- Breakfast Quinoa Judicial Peach
- Honey Coconut Quinoa with Pomegranate Eden Kitchen
- Mango Tropics Quinoa Flake Bake Healthful Pursuit
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars with Blueberries Gluten Free Goddess
- Quinoa Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake MarlaMeridith.com