Hope you all had a wonderful turkey day! Before we wrap on Thanksgiving I wanted to give you a few more ways to use up those delish leftovers. In my last post I gave you a Monte Cristo sandwich. If you have not tried that I suggest you do. These tostadas are another way to enjoy your leftovers. I have created two versions and there are many more you can come up with too. This post includes a Mexican twist and a Thanksgiving flavored one. Either way you go, you will be very pleased.
The Thanksgiving version has leftover cranberry sauce, feta & rosemary. The Mexican one has black beans (regular or refried are both great) cojita cheese and salsa. In both versions I added a layer of sweet potatoes & spread some sour cream on the crispy tortilla base.
These tostadas are simple to throw together and they look really pretty too. They are the perfect meal for lunch or dinner. Enjoy with a side salad, roasted or steamed veggies. I love all the bright colors in these layered meals. You can put each ingredient in a separate bowl & let guests or family members make their own stacked meal. Easy peasy & interactive for kids of all ages.
What is your favorite recipe using Thanksgiving leftovers?
Use Thanksgiving Leftovers in These Recipes
- Pumpkin Coconut Curry
- Skinny Mini Baked Potatoes
- Skinny Tikka Masala
- Sweet Potato Bacon & Pomegranate Salad
- Thanksgiving Monte Cristo
- The Rice Bowl
Tostadas Recipe Links
- Chicken Tostadas Food Network
- Chicken Tostadas with Refried Beans Gimme Some Oven
- Chicken Tostadas with Cilantro Vinaigrette What’s Gaby Cooking
- Roasted Vegetable Tostadas Naturally Ella
- Salsa Chicken & Ranch Florentine Tostadas Picky Palate
- Shrimp Tostadas with Avocado Salsa Eclectic Recipes