Let’s get this straight….Pina Colada Steel Cut Oatmeal is really for breakfast. Don’t let a bit of dark rum fool ya, the alcohol cooks out folks. It’s not some kinda way to get your drink on first in the morning.
This oatmeal is packed with tropical flavor, it will whisk you away to the islands. Even if only for a few minutes…
You have that all right here. Plus steel cut oats & some healthy toppings like coconut flake, dried pineapple, nuts & golden raisins. A little bit of rum in this recipe only adds flavor. It’s not boozy tasting at all.
Around here we love steel cut oats. They take just a little while longer to cook than old fashioned oats ~ but the texture & nuttier flavor is worth the few extra minutes.
This makes enough for 8-10 servings…so you have enough to go around.
Perfect for feeding a crowd (Mother’s Day brunch) or for having plenty of leftovers at the ready.
Here are a few more steel cut oatmeal recipes you need to try!
Steel Cut Oatmeal Recipe Links
- Apple Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal Edible Sound Bites
- Carrot Cake Steel Cut Oatmeal It’s Yummi
- Crock Pot Banana Bread Oatmeal Garnish with Lemon
- Raspberry Steel Cut Oatmeal Maria Ushakova
- Steel Cut Oats with Cinnamon Blueberry Compote Best Cleanse Recipes
- Strawberries n’ Cream Oatmeal Making Thyme for Health