There are two very exciting things to share with you today. First of all, Pumpkin Mac ‘n Cheese needs to find it’s way into your life instantly. Secondly, I am thrilled to share Calphalon Your Set with you.
What does “Your Set” mean? Well my friends, the tough decisions of trying to find the perfect set of pans has now been solved.
Calphalon has launched Your Set! The perfect way for you to customize your set of pots and pans to suit your fancy. And for me to suit mine.
In the wonderful world of cooking there is no one size fits all.
What might be your mom’s or your best friends favorite pan might not be yours. That’s OK. Now you can take charge and get exactly what you want. With Your Set, you get to choose from a selection of Calphalon Unison Nonstick pans (that is what is in my photos) or their Accucore Stainless Steel pans.
For this super quick mac ‘n cheese I didn’t want anything stuck to the bottom of the pan & I wanted to work really quickly. The nonstick pan was amazing for this. This meal came together with ease. There was only some residual oil left in the pan. All I needed was a damp cloth for clean up. The nonstick coating also allowed me to keep this recipe low fat.
You will be pleased how easy this pasta is to cook. Especially when you have little ones tugging at you for lunch or dinner.
All you need is 5 ounces of cooked pasta. Gluten free, whole wheat, corn, quinoa, high protein…the choice is yours.
Cook that pasta in a pot of lightly salted boiling water.
Have Your Set pan ready to go…what’s next is quick, simple and makes the whole dish come together.
Heat your pan over medium high heat. My Calphalon 10″ nonstick Unison pan was the perfect choice for this (as it will be for omelettes and many things.)
Add some pumpkin purée, creamy sour cream, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and cheddar cheese. You will love that there is virtually no clean up too ~ as everything is cooked in this one pan.
This recipe will make the perfect Thanksgiving side dish. It’s also great for last minute lunches and dinners.
Don’t forget to pack it in your lunchbox too!
- 5 ounces dry Penne, cook according to package directions
- Olive Oil
- 3 ounces grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Purée
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- a few pinches Pumpkin Pie Spice
- a few pinches ground Cinnamon
- Garlic Salt to taste
- ground Black Pepper
- grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Cook pasta. Drain and set aside. Combine cheese, pumpkin, sour cream and spices in a bowl. Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat with a splash of olive oil. Add pasta to the pan and toss with oil. Add pumpkin mixture to the pasta. Combine well. Heat for a few minutes until the cheese melts. Season with garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Pasta ‘n Cheese Recipe Links
- Baked White Cheddar Mac ‘n Cheese with Kale and Bacon Good Life Eats
- Caramelized Onion and Prosciutto Mac n’ Cheese Food Republic
- Cream Cheese Macaroni
- Spaghetti & Cheese Nests MarlaMeridith.com
- Sweet Potato and Spinach Mac ‘n Cheese Naturally Ella
- Whole Wheat Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese Carla’s Confections
FamilyFreshCooking.com Disclosure: This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Calphalon blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.