A few things we need to discuss today: Cookies, Cookbooks, Charity Bake Sales and October’s Secret Recipe Club reveal. Most folks love a good peanut butter cookie. Crumbly, comforting and sweet. Mine are all of that but also vegan and gluten free. These cookies are filled with health. They are baked in honor of a little boy named Liam who lost a struggle with life.
Will you please take a seat and join me for some cookies? Grab your milk and a plate.
It was essential that I added some pumpkin to the usual peanut butter cookies. Any place I can use pumpkin I do. From pie tarts to applesauce to curries.
Pumpkin rules and that is all you need to know.
The blog I get to reveal and share with you today is Darn Near Domestic. Kristy had these Peanut Butter Cookies sans the fork prints so I decided to make something similar. With my usual twists of course! Hers have no fork prints and neither do mine. Yes there is peanut butter in both our recipes. Hers have sugar, butter, white flour and eggs. Mine don’t. Her little son grabbed her freshly baked batch of cookies from the cooling racks.
My kids did the same…
I love decorating with all kinds of raisins and dried fruits. They are colorful, tasty and fun…
Here is the very special book I have been wanting to share with you…
This book is important because all of the proceeds benefit a charity close to the authors heart. Gretchen Hot-Witt’s little son Prince Liam was diagnosed with pediatric cancer at the age of 2 1/2 in 2007. She shares in the book’s introduction that the only thing in the world that mattered after his diagnosis was Liam’s health and path to recovery. Sadly Liam lost the fight to cancer earlier this year. He was only 6 years old.
My heart bleeds for this family.
None of us can imagine the pain associated with this sort of thing. To find out your sweet child is so sick sucks the life and strength out of you…..when you need it most.
When Liam was diagnosed Gretchen created a a positive plan. A BIG plan that involved raising money through local bake sales. She figured everyone loves a good cookie and they are an easy sell. With her first large scale bake sale initiative they sold $400,o00.00 worth of cookies. All of that money helps to fund new pediatric cancer treatments. As of today they have raised millions of dollars. Through cookies…
They formed the national nonprofit organization called Cookies for Kid’s Cancer that invites others to hold bake sales (and other events) across the country to benefit this cause. You can help too by hosting a bake sale in your neck of the woods or by purchasing this book. All of Gretchen’s royalties go back to the foundation…to help little kids. Help me to help her help kids.
What is your favorite cookie recipe? Have you ever held a bake sale?
This giveaway is now closed. Thanks for all of your entries. Congrats to Averie #33 from Love Veggies and Yoga.
If you love all kinds of cookies, brownies, cupcakes and cakes then you will love this book. Every sweet treat that you could possibly dream up is in the recipe index. A few that sound great to me are Fresh Apple Cranberry Bars, Applesauce Bread, Cocoa Carrot Cupcakes with White Chocolate Chips, Cream Cheese Brownies, Pecan Sandies, Tried-and-True Sparkly Ginger Snaps, Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies. And yes, there is a recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies in the book. They are named after Prince Liam. Read more about the cause here.
Because I cannot resist a great cookie and this amazing woman’s efforts I am purchasing a Cookies for Kids Cancer: Best Bakesale Cookbook for one friend of MarlaMeridith.com….
All the info you need if you wish to donate money or host any kind of event to benefit this cause can be found on their webpage.
How to Enter
Leave some comments….tell me what your favorite kind of cookie is. You have until Friday, October 28th, 12 midnight PST to enter this giveaway. One winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 3 days to respond or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the USA.
To earn additional entries, leave a separate comment for each of the steps listed below. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, we will not be able to include them.
- Tell me about your favorite cookie recipe. Have you ever hosted or been a part of a bake sale?
- Add the MarlaMeridith.com badge into your sidebar or somewhere on your blog
- Tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@MarlaMeridith). Here’s a sample tweet you could use or make up your own: Win the @cookies4kids Best Bake Sale Cookbook to benefit Cookies for Kid’s Cancer via @MarlaMeridith http://su.pr/2cbaQH #giveaway PLS RT
- Tell me which MarlaMeridith.com Recipe cookie recipe you want to try.
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Twitter
- Follow @cookies4kids on Twitter
- Follow Marla Meridith on Pinterest & pin this post
- Sign up for my Email or RSS feeds
- Stumble this post & follow @familyfresh on StumbleUpon
- Add a link to this post on your blog.
- Add a MarlaMeridith.com badge somewhere on your blog
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Instagram
Check out Group C’s Secret Recipe Club October Reveals
‘); // ]]>
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe Links
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips Laura Friendly
- Flourless Salted Nutella Thumbprint Cookies Running With Tweezers
- Maple Peanut Butter Cookies MarlaMeridith.com
- Monster Cookies Kumquat Blog
- Peanut Butter Cookies with Ganache Icing Fun & Food Cafe
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies Parsley, Sage, Dessert and Line Drives