Can we talk about something delightfully simple? How does Homemade Raspberry Applesauce sound? Simple fruity flavors combine to razzle dazzle your tastebuds with joy!
Sinfully sweet with nothing added but sun ripened raspberries and plump, juicy apples…
When I first started MarlaMeridith.com I had never made homemade applesauce.
I know that sounds kind freaky, being that a cooking/lifestyle blog has become my foull time job.
Homemade applesauce is easy, delicious and a great starting point for so many other recipes. I love to dip my Stuffed French Toast in it too.
These days you can usually find some saucy creation in our fridge and freezer. I love to experiment with all different fruity combos, herbal and spicy seasonings.
These infusions are aromatic and can be fun flavor twists. Try my Cherry Earl Grey Applesauce ~ a simple elegant recipe.
The great news is you really cannot go wrong.
The other great news is this is perfect for Project LunchBox too. Pack some homemade applesauce in your kids lunchbox, for camp or school. You can freeze it in little to-go containers. It then doubles as an ice pack and a healthy sweet treat.
By the time lunch or snack time rolls around your frozen applesauce becomes and icy or super chilled treat.
Do you ever make homemade applesauce? If so what do you like to add to yours?
- 6 Apples, cored, cut into chunky pieces
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen Raspberries
- 3/4 cup Water
- splash of Lemon Juice
- a few pinches ground Cinnamon, Ginger or any spice you like
- Natural Sweetener to taste if needed
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce to a simmer, partially cover the pot and cook for 25-30 minutes until the fruit is nice and tender, Carefully transfer fruit sauce to a blender or food processor. Purée until well combined. Serve warm or chilled.
- I do not remove the apple skins. They add great nutrients, flavor and fiber.
- Use your favorite apple variety for homemade applesauce. We love Pink Lady, Granny Smith, Gala and Honey Crisp apples. A combo is great too.
- Add your favorite natural sweetener to taste of needed. This will depend on the overall sweetness of your fruit.
Applesauce Recipe Links