Happy Wednesday! How is your week going so far? Been really busy here, now that school is out for the summer!
Dunno ’bout you but I sure crave fruity cocktails this time of year. Raspberries are some of my all time favorite berries. I dig their sweet ‘n tangy flavor. Besides they are super pretty to gaze upon before you pop ’em in your mouth.
This Red Raspberry Rascal Cocktail will have you happily sipping the summer away!
Funny when I was shooting these cocktails….I was trying to balance everything on my new “Table Top” piece of tin ceiling.
Things kept sliding around. Spilling a bit. Making the shoot a bit more challenging. But fun!
So how did I come up with the name Red Raspberry Rascal?
I did a shout out on Instagram and thankfully a few of you gave me some great ideas!
Dig my new Gold Ribbon Highball glasses? Vegas meets vintage chic.
They are from the fabulous MacKenzie-Childs.
To make these cocktails super full of raspberry flavor I used frozen raspberries and boiled them down into a juice.
A splash of Rhubarb Bitters gives a fun flavor boost.
- 12 ounces Frozen Raspberries
- 1/4 cup Water
- 4 ounces Vodka
- 8 ounces Soda Water
- Stevia Drops or your favorite sweetener
- splash of Rhubarb Bitters
- Fresh Raspberries (for garnish)
- Heat raspberries with water in a sauce pan over medium high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook about 5 minutes until berries have burst and become pulpy. Strain berries over a bowl with a fine mesh sieve. Mash the berries against the sieve with the back of a spoon to release the juices. (You can keep the raspberry pulp for pancake or waffle sauce!)
- Chill the juice in the refrigerator until cool.
- This makes 2 cocktails. Grab 2 highball glasses. Add some ice, 4 ounces raspberry juice, 2 ounces vodka, 4 ounces soda water and a splash of rhubarb bitters. Add sweetener to taste.
Raspberry Cocktail Recipe Links