Wondering what to do when you can’t see your hair colorist? For most of us there’s no time in the near future that we can get our hair done. I have some great tips and styles for your here.
Over the course of the past few years I want from jet black hair to brunette, to honey to platinum blonde. These days I’m blonde with the help of about 300 foils every 8 weeks. My stylist doesn’t bring the blonde up to my roots. She leaves a bit of brown and does a smudge so when my brunette grows out the line of blonde/brunette is a bit softer. So many blondes I know freak when their dark roots show…but I say ROCK YOUR ROOTS! There’s no use stressing yourself out when you can’t get that appointment with your hair stylist.
In this video, I show you a few simple styles I love that embrace the dark/light contrast. You can make your hair look elegant and sophisticated with the dark roots or you can wear it a bit more trendy or rock and roll. The choice is yours! I’ve also listed my favorite styling products, tools and embellishments below to help you style your hair up right.
MY FAVORITE STYLING TOOLS
- DYSON AIR WRAP | Wonderful for every style imaginable!!
- GHD CLASSIC 1″ STYLER | This flat iron continuously gets huge amounts of praise year after year. Why? Because it’s the very best!
- DYSON SUPERSONIC HAIR DRYER | Dry your hair faster with less damage with this hair dryer. Also helps increase smoothness by 75%, This was my first Dyson hair tool and I absolutely saw great results from the first time I used it!
MY FAVORITE STYLING PRODUCTS
- ORIBE GOLD LUST NOURISHING HAIR OIL This oil is a great hair restorer for before and after styling. It soaks in quickly and doesn’t leave residue.
- OLAPLEX NO. 6 BOND SMOOTHER REPARATIVE STYLING CREME For before you blow dry smooth some of this styling creme into your hair.
- KERASTASE NUTRITIVE 8H MAGIC NIGHT SERUM
- KEVIN MURPHY SHIMMER ME BLONDE | This finishing spray smells amazing and adds softness, a slight glimmer and shine.
- AVEDA CONTROL FORCE FIRM HOLD HAIR SPRAY | Smooth down those fly aways and control effects of humidity.
MY FAVORITE HAIR ACCESSORIES
- LELE SEDOUGHI HEADBANDS Similar to my black/pearl style, there’s a pink version too! Neon pink neoprene (great for summer!) Love Shack Fancy light blue headband.
- FRANCE LUXE BARETTES I have these heart barettes and wear them all the time! The Tatum Floral Blue is so pretty and so is this Tatum Floral Pink! This pearly South Sea barrette goes with most outfits and is very denim friendly.
- FRANCE LUXE JAW CLIPS | Hypnotic Gardenia Blue is my favorite blue floral print. The Tokyo Clip is a classic and goes with everything!!