Great news, you can have this crisp for breakfast, snacks, side dishes, brunch or dessert. You can even tuck a ramekin of this inside your lunchbox for a creamy, sweet, guilt free homemade treat to enjoy while on the go. In my world oats, butter and sweet potatoes need to be enjoyed year round. You can also substitute pumpkin in these crisps too. No matter what, satisfaction is guaranteed with this recipe. This Sweet Potato Crisp can be served at Thanksgiving, Christmas or anytime at all.
You might also thank me for not adding extra inches to your waist. These crisps are filled with whole food, great for you ingredients. Just stick to your mindful portion sizes to keep jiggle away and smiles all day. OK, that was corny but it’s true. This is feel good comfort food that keeps you feeling good without a sluggish sugar crash because guess what? There are no refined sugars in this crisp & I promise you won’t miss them.
For our gluten free friends, this is a nice dessert for you too. Just be sure to source certified GF oats.
Serve warm with a splash of milk, cream, half and half, non fat Greek yogurt or your favorite dairy free milk or creamer. Coconut milk would send this crisp into an even higher level of blissdom. And vanilla ice cream would be out of this world!
Creamy warm pudding interior with a “just crisp enough” oatie caramelized raisin shell.
This recipe was featured in the California Raisins Let’s Redo Lunch contest.
How do you like to prepare sweet potatoes? Do you put them in dessert recipes?
- Feel free to add nuts to this crisp before baking. The only reason why I kept them out was for school allergy reasons. We are NUTS for nuts over hear. Chopped pecans, walnuts, peanuts, pistachios, they would all be great.
- Any dried fruit can be used instead of and with the raisins. Try dried apricots, blueberries, apples, cranberries, dates etc.
- Instead of sweet potato you can use pumpkin or even butternut squash. A combo of any of those would be fun too.
Crisp Recipe Links
- Apple Crisp Recipe Simply Recipes
- Cherry Rhubarb Crisp Two Peas and Their Pod
- Pear and Apple Oat Crisp Food and Wine
- Sweet Potato Crisp Taste of Home
- Vegan Apple Crisp What Would Cathy Eat?
Sweet Potato Recipe Links
- Baked Sweet Potato FriesMarlaMeridith.com
- Grilled Coconut Sweet Potato Kebabs MarlaMeridith.com
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip CookiesMarlaMeridith.com
- Chocolate Covered Sweet Potato Balls A Food Lover’s Journey
- Sweet Potato Pound Cake Scrambled Hen Fruit