You likely know by now that I’m a winter lover and an avid skier. All great reasons why I moved to Telluride, Colorado 3 1/2 years ago. It wasn’t enough for me to just visit this epic ski resort just a few months a year. I had to make it our full time home. Was that a good choice? OMG yes!!
Here’s a list of my 10 Dream List Ski Vacations, I plan on getting to all of them in the next few years. Each of them unique for so many reasons: geography, food, snowfall, fashion & culture. These are listed in alphabetical order, they all bear weight to me equally!
- Gstaad, Switzerland Totally glamorous and chic and filled with celebs. The Swiss Alps are always in style.
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming. USA The Grand Tetons are spectacular. So are cowboys. This terrain is supposedly relentless.
- Hokkaido, Japan The powder hounds ultimate ski experience. Crazy fresh sushi & sashimi make it worth every turn.
- Kicking Horse, British Columbia. Canada Their tagline is “The Champagne Capital of Canada” bring it!
- Portillo, Chile. South America Secluded & so fabulous! Our summer is their winter, so no reason not to ski all year!
- St. Anton Arlberg, Austria I’ve heard from many this is an EPIC Austrian experience.
- St. Moritz, Switzerland I’ve been in the spring & heading back to ski this March. Elegance and chic defined over & over again.
- Taos, New Mexico. USA Telluride locals say this is some mountain to ski steeps. I always trust my pals here. Besides, I’m always game for enchiladas smothered in Christmas chill sauces.
- Telluride, Colorado. USA My home town & by far the most beautiful place I’ve ever been. Great terrain for all!
- Zermatt, Switzerland Home of the Matterhorn & absolute Swiss charm.
2 thoughts on “10 Dream List Ski Vacations”
LOVE this post Marla!! Me and the hubby are big mountain people. Still have yet to visit Telluride, but will in the near future! We lived in Germany and enjoyed skiing all over Austria and Switzerland. One of our favorites was Kitzbuhl Austria, but we also loved St. Anton Arlberg!
Hi Amy! Ahhhhhh, I love hearing from the big mountain skiers! I MUST get to all the places you listed. In St. Moritz later this month & I can’t wait. Austria is huge on my wish list! I’ve heard amazing things about Kitzbuhl, glad to hear you back it up!