You likely know by now that I’m a winter lover and an avid skier. All great reasons why I moved to Telluride, Colorado 3 1/2 years ago. It wasn’t enough for me to just visit this epic ski resort just a few months a year. I had to make it our full time home. Was that a good choice? OMG yes!!
Here’s a list of my 10 Dream List Ski Vacations, I plan on getting to all of them in the next few years. Each of them unique for so many reasons: geography, food, snowfall, fashion & culture. These are listed in alphabetical order, they all bear weight to me equally!
- Gstaad, Switzerland Totally glamorous and chic and filled with celebs. The Swiss Alps are always in style.
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming. USA The Grand Tetons are spectacular. So are cowboys. This terrain is supposedly relentless.
- Hokkaido, Japan The powder hounds ultimate ski experience. Crazy fresh sushi & sashimi make it worth every turn.
- Kicking Horse, British Columbia. Canada Their tagline is “The Champagne Capital of Canada” bring it!
- Portillo, Chile. South America Secluded & so fabulous! Our summer is their winter, so no reason not to ski all year!
- St. Anton Arlberg, Austria I’ve heard from many this is an EPIC Austrian experience.
- St. Moritz, Switzerland I’ve been in the spring & heading back to ski this March. Elegance and chic defined over & over again.
- Taos, New Mexico. USA Telluride locals say this is some mountain to ski steeps. I always trust my pals here. Besides, I’m always game for enchiladas smothered in Christmas chill sauces.
- Telluride, Colorado. USA My home town & by far the most beautiful place I’ve ever been. Great terrain for all!
- Zermatt, Switzerland Home of the Matterhorn & absolute Swiss charm.