Yay! I can finally announce this awesome summer event I am hosting with Dara from Cookin’ Canuck. Most of you probably all ready know Dara’s amazing blog and if you don’t hurry on over and check it out. We both love to grill and know lots of you do too. Now that Memorial Day is here it is time to roll up your sleeves, clean up that grill and Get Grillin’ outdoors. Let’s celebrate with an online party!
Don’t worry, we understand that some of you are city folk (Dara & I used to live in the Big Apple.) If you don’t have an outdoor grill we encourage you to take out that grill pan. Those things can work wonders if you have a hankering for grilled foods.
As long as you get some grill marks we call that Grillin’!
Check out some of our sponsors for this event. Each week we will include an awesome giveaway for one lucky participant.
How do you participate in Get Grillin’ 2011? Here are the guidelines:
Get Grillin’ recipe submissions will start on Monday, June 6th 2011. Here is a preview of what we have in store for you. This is a 6-week online grilling event. Share your favorite recipes with us, according to the week’s theme, for a chance to win some great prizes provided by our wonderful sponsors, Ile de France Cheese (delectable cheeses), Rösle (high-end European kitchen utensils and cookware) and Emile Henry (amazing bakeware) Rouxbe (brilliant online cooking school) and ManPans (fabulous eco-friendly cookware that we cannot live without!) There will be a chosen through random.org winner each week.
Here are the themes and Sponsors:
Week 1 (June 6-12): Appetizers with Rouxbe
Week 2 (June 13-19): Side Dishes with Emile Henry
Week 3 (June 20-26): Entrees with Ile De France Cheese
Week 4 (June 27-July 3): Vegetarian
Week 5 (July 4-10): Kabobs
Week 6 (July 11-18): Desserts
1) Get busy grilling and post your recipe on your blog. For each week’s theme, you can enter up to 3 recipes. Each recipe post is counted as a separate entry for a chance to win a great prize from one of our sponsors. It is fine to use recipes that are previously posted on your blog, as long as you add the info in (3).
If you don’t have a blog, that’s okay. Just leave your recipe in the comments section of our themed post on any day of the theme week.
2) During the theme week, add the link to your grilling post to the widget on either Family Fresh Cooking or Cookin’ Canuck. You only need to add it on one site, but it will show up on both. Cool, huh? Dara and I will be post our themed post on the Monday of each week (for example, on June 6th, we will both post our appetizer recipes), so be sure to look on these posts for the recipe link widgets.
3) Somewhere in your post, please include the following. This is mandatory if you are submitting a blog post.
4) Do you want to help us spread the word on social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook? Here is a sample tweet that you can cut and paste:
#GetGrillin with @MarlaMeridith & @cookincanuck. Share your recipes & win fabulous prizes on their blogs. Please RT. http://su.pr/1Kr7iS
5) Join the party, you can add our Get Grillin’ badge to your side bar or blog post too.
In case you need the html code for the badge. Feel free to size it however you like.
<p style=”text-align: center;”><img title=”Get Grillin’ logo for Food Blog Event” src=”https://marlameridith.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Get-Grillin-logo-sm.jpg” alt=”Graphic Logo for Get Grillin’ blog event” width=”324″ height=”134″ /></p>
Now it’s time to fire up the grill and Get Grillin’! See you Monday.