The past few weeks I’ve been posting recipes including all of my fall cravings. Apple, cranberry, pumpkin & sweet potato show up often. Now I have this amazing Maple Cheddar Skillet Cornbread for you to try!
Do you adore cornbread? It doesn’t take long at all to bake & it looks so rustic and fun in the skillet ~ don’t ya think?
Cornbread is super tasty comfort food.
You don’t have to save it just for the cooler weather months though.
It is also heavenly to take on hikes and picnics. It is also amazing aprés ski food.
I was sure to make this one gluten free so everyone could indulge.
Be sure you have some homemade cranberry sauce handy as a dip.
Ever since I gazed upon my friend Teresa’s post Cornbread 101: How to Make Perfect Cornbread I knew I had to make some myself!
By the way, have I ever told you how much I love Miss Teresa ~ you have got to check out her FUN filled blog Blooming on Bainbridge.
T’s is a classic take with southern charm ~ mine is lightened up a bit. I tend to do that kind of thing.
I am so excited about my Vegan Cranberry Whipped Cream. I had to slather it all over this cornbread. You might need to do this too.
Do you have a favorite cornbread recipe?
Do you go traditional or do you add any secret ingredients to your cornbread? I dare you to share….
Cornbread Recipe Links
- Bacon Cornbread Food o’ del Mundo
- Basque Country Cornbread Lemons and Anchovies
- Buttermilk Skillet Cornbread Full Circle Foodie
- Cornbread 101: How to Make Perfect Cornbread Blooming on Bainbrige
- Heirloom Tomato Cornbread with Cheddar Cheese Adventures in Cooking
- Skillet Cornbread with Dried Cranberries & Sage Joy of Kosher