I have decided to give pumpkin a break (OK, not true.) I have also decided it’s time to let cranberries shine! How much do you love tart little cranberries? They are easily sweetened with maple syrup, honey, brown sugar, stevia or agave…your choice!
This is a basic recipe for a simple sweet tangy cranberry sauce that’ll knock your socks off!
*By the way pop over to enter my BlendTec Blender + Twister Jar giveaway ($620.00 value)!
There are really no excuses to not make homemade cranberry sauce.
After all ~ real food is simple to prepare…it shines without much effort.
This will take you a whopping 10 minutes from prep to finish.
All you need to do is put the cranberries in a pan with a splash of water and some maple syrup. Add a few pinches of cinnamon or a cinnamon stick.
Bring it to a boil and listen as the cranberries pop and sizzle.
A delight for the eyes, ears and tastebuds!
The sauce thickens as it cooks. I suggest making a Big Batch at a time. It goes quickly.
Think outside the box with your cranberry sauce.
Or just eat it as a snack with a spoon.
Do you have a favorite recipe for cranberry sauce? Do you go basic or add all kinds of bells and whistles?
For more Thanksgiving ideas check out Tidy Mom’s 20 Great Ideas for the Thanksgiving Table.
- 16 ounces (454 g) fresh Cranberries
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Water
- a few pinches of ground Cinnamon or a Cinnamon Stick
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens about 6 minutes. Stir frequently. If using, remove the cinnamon stick before serving. For chunky cranberry sauce leave as is. To make it smooth, puree in a blender.
Cranberry Sauce Recipe Links
- Cranberry Fruit Conserve With a Grateful Prayer and a Thankful Heart
- Cranberry Sauce Jungle Frog
- Cranberry Sauce with Pear and Pomegranate MarlaMeridith.com
- Kickin Cranberry Sauce Graceful Fitness
- Old Fashioned Cranberry Sauce Eat Yourself Skinny!
- Tequila and Lime Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce Closet Cooking