I scream, you scream we all scream for this….Raspberry Lovers Quinoa Breakfast. OK, so what if that doesn’t rhyme. I’m just really excited about this recipe! Lets make some sweet quinoa…
Quinoa isn’t just for savories you know. These days folks are using it in all kinds of recipes. If you love raspberries then this is certainly for you!
I cooked this quinoa with some Star Anise…because I think it’s pretty & I like the subtle licorice flavor.
That’s a kind of weird close up but I quite like it….so I share with you.
Here’s an image that’s a bit more elegant…lighter in feel.
Bright green chopped pistachios add a little color kick. Raspberry jam adds another dimension too.
I do believe you raspberry lovers out there will fall in love with this breakfast. Enjoy!
- 2 cups Quinoa, rinsed & use 1/2 cup water LESS than package directions
- 3 cups Frozen Raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup fruit sweetened Raspberry Jam
- 4 Star Anise
- Pince of Sea Salt
- Fresh of Frozen Raspberries
- Chopped Roasted Pistachios
- Raspberry Jam
- In a large saucepan bring all ingredients (not toppings) to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until all of the liquid is absorbed, about 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently. Add more water if needed. Remove star anise & discard.Serve immediately & add toppings if you wish. Sweeten to taste.
- I like frozen raspberries in this recipe. They have lots of flavor & plenty of juices to cook with the quinoa. Flavors really sink the quinoa as it cooks.
Quinoa Breakfast Recipes on MarlaMeridith.com
- Acorn Squash Quinoa Breakfast Porridge
- Blueberry Quinoa
- Maple Banana Toasted Almond Quinoa
- Strawberries n’ Cream Quinoa Porridge
- Vegan Quinoa Stuffed Pears
Breakfast Quinoa Recipe Links