French toast is one of my all time favorites. I love the idea of bread dipped in batter and then fried to a crispy golden brown.
Add some fall flavors (cinnamon, pumpkin), bourbon maple syrup & life gets even sweeter.
Sexy bottle, sexy syrup.
I mean what could be better then pure sweet maple syrup mixed with my favorite spirit ~ bourbon.
A while ago I posted Pumpkin Ricotta Stuffed French Toast ~ you might want to give that a try too!
Use your favorite whole grain or gluten free bread in this recipe.
Mix up the batter with whisked egg, pumpkin pie spice, a splash of cream or milk & some pumpkin purée.
Dip the bread until it absorbs the batter & yummy flavors.
Fry it all up in butter or coconut oil (both different, both tasty.)
Don’t forget a runny egg or two & extra maple syrup for dipping.
And maybe some freshly whipped cream.
Dig in & enjoy!
- 4 slices Whole Grain or Gluten Free Bread
- 3 large Eggs, whisked
- splash of Milk or Cream
- splash pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Pumpkin Purée
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- fine Sea Salt
- Coconut Oil or Butter
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Bourbon Maple Syrup
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl with milk, vanilla extract & pumpkin. Season with a dash of salt, some cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice. Add flavors to your liking. Soak bread in the mixture.
- Heat a skillet with some butter or coconut oil. Fry french toast slices for a few minutes each side until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup and/or whipped cream.
Pumpkin French Toast Recipe Links